The initial concept of Smart EDGAR was to provide the tools to download the data from the EDGAR website and
– store the information as local files
– store the information in a SQL database
– provide reporting functionality from this data
We have extended the functionality a little bit so that the Smart EDGAR Library can be used without having any data available locally. So we also provide
– an API which retrieves the information directly from the EDGAR Website.
– Company KPIs from the EDGAR Website or pulling the data from a REST webservice
The details can be found in the following Gist